First thing: I did my research I checked Angie's list, joined just for this move, checked the Better Business Bureau, plus any review web pages for NY metro area prior to inking the deal.

I was emailed an estimate based on 17500 lbs, or 2500 to 3000 cubic feet; I actually used 3600 cubic feet (Pricing based on Cubic feet). I asked the mover (Vanessa) to send somone on-site several times to comfirm their price for $7900.00 to worse case $8450.00. I was assured that I would be "Taken Care of" and that she didn't have to come on-site, she had 20 yrs experience and worked with national carrier for 10 yrs. I over estimated everything 5+ bedroom house (only had three), a 10x10 storage locker filled with sports cards, and two 10X15 storage lockers, one 2/3 full and the other 3/4 full. I had two on-site estimates that both came in at 15000 to 16000 lbs with cost fixed at 12K and 11.5K respectively (Mahon movers and Atlas). I thought worse case scenario I would be charged 10K based on the companies estimates. The day before the pick up I told the mover that I would use 2/3 rds to of a 53 foot truck, Vanessa said that would be no problem and the price would not exceed $8500.00, since they had a small shipment 1200 cubic feet to fill the rest of the trailer, which was enabling her to give me a better price. (I have electronic copies of the estimate and the actual bill)

The day of the move they were suppose to be on-site at 0800 hrs, they didn't show up until 1100 hrs (movers) and the truck didn't show up until almost 1300 hrs. The company did a very bad job, they were slow, they charged me $2500 for packing material, and I am a veteran and know how to pack (Everything was boxed except the Furniture and TV's). I believe they over used boxes to expedite the process when the dispatcher started getting very mad because of the pace they were moving. They purposely over used materials to gouge me, and it still didn't stop them from damaging some of our most valuable items. All but four of the movers actually worked hard, they took 18 hrs to pack my furniture, and load my belonging. They were verbally abusive to each other and by the end of the night, everything pack in the last two hours was broke when the truck arrived in FL. I have pictures of the mess, the estimate that was a classic Bate and Switch see the 7/27/2011 in USA today. The last stop Community Storage on Rt 6 and Rt 209 in Milford pa said low body movers have entered their facility all the time, they tacted on another $2000.00 for transfer fee. This company gouged me every possible way. The owners of Community Storage owner will atest to the what I am writing 570-409-6977 (Tom).

This company is the worst experience I ever had, what company would commit to this big of a job without see the job, my mistake was thinking they could save me a couple thousand dollars since they had a load to off set the diesel costs. Buyers beware this company does not belong in business.

$2000.00 roll-top desk (have pictures)$3000.00 pair of high end washer and dryer dented $ 500.00 of pictures glass broke out of frames$5000.00 China Cabnet side glass broke out of the unit.$ 200.00 Dining room chair arms broke off$2000.00 of contents in boxes broken crushed destroyed

When I called the company, from FL, and told them how much of my items were destroyed the company said did you get more insurance, that they would only give me 60 cents a pound. I asked about that and I was reassured that I would not need it since they do such a good job and never break things. The best part was at the end of the night when I became a hostage; I was told that I had an exclusive / dedicated trailer. Well, when they started moving my items into our house there were three items that didn't belong to me (shelves, parts of a bed, and several boxes).

See above:

1. Never take this companies estimate serious.2. Watch the over use of packing materials (ie using boxes to pack boxes in)?3. They try to assure you that they been in business a long time and are always close, they are a typical bate and switch. 4. If after hearing the way Vanessa treated me, called me everyday before the job, nice as can be, and after they started my job totally became mean, and unprofessional.

5. I am amazed that companies like this can stay in business, they are slick sales people.6. They made me believe they owned their 53 ft truck and it was sub contracted out. 7. They misrepresented every possible aspect of the job and gouged me when ever they could; how does a job go from worse case $8500.00 to $16900.00. I have all the proof.

Had an Experience with Sysco Moving and Storage?

Comments

Proximus

You chose the cheapest price.Period.

You chose a mover that wouldn't come look at the items (storage unit or not). You got what you paid for. I don't care what van line you choose, if you choose the cheapest you will find, the hard way, that not all movers are the same.

Not to mention, you ended up paying more than the other bids in the end.I have no symathy for you...

pair of Duncannon brothers are in Perry County Prison following their arrest Sunday in connection with what police say was a planned murder-suicide.

According to state police, Charles E. Holley, 45, and Luther K. Holley, 47, went early Saturday morning to the Paradise Trailer Park in Wheatfield Township intent on killing a man there. Police said the plan, conceived by Luther Holley, was for Charles Holley to shoot the man, then kill himself.

Police said Charles Holley, who the two men and two women at the residence said was intoxicated, held a loaded .22 caliber handgun close to the body of the intended victim and pulled the trigger several times, but the gun did not fire. Charles Holley then pointed the gun at the head of a second man at the residence and threatened to kill him, too, before the victims convinced him to give up the gun, police said.

After Charles Holley gave up the gun, the victims learned it didn't fire because the clip had been placed into the gun backward, police said. The victims later received multiple phone calls threatening violence if the gun were not returned, police said. Police recovered the weapon at a residence in Halifax, Dauphin County.

Luther Holley was apprehended Sunday in Reed Township after police served him with a warrant. Charles Holley turned himself in to state police at Newport minutes after his brother was taken into custody, police said.

Charles Holley is charged with criminal attempt...

Luther Holley is charged with criminal solicitation for homicide, conspiracy homicide, terroristic threats, three counts of harassment and criminal solicitation to encourage suicide.

Both remain in Perry County Prison this morning in lieu of $100,000 bail, a prison spokeswoman said.

This is Charles Holley story. Read his story and you make your own decision

You're still after this?? I mean as a ***-artist, you have to have the biggest balls of them all to keep coming and posting your nonsense. You had all of your stuff in a storage facility and no one is going to give you a binding, not-to-exceed estimate. But you want to go to BBB? Here's what's going to happen:

The BBB will take your complaint and the mover will respond. The BBB will then indicate the company has responded and the customer did not accept the reason as satisfactory. The consumer will read the report and it will be implied the consumer was a pain in the ***. Believe me, I've dealt with the BBB on this type of issue and this is what happens. At the end of the day, people will read that you're a ***-artist who actually had to pay to have his items moved. I mean poor you to be in such a situation.

BTW, the mover doesn't have to comply with the 110% rule in your situation because there was no real way to determine a proper estimate unless the items were in storage at Sysco. The only way the real weight estimate could be done is once everything is out of the storage facility and viewed. Then it's 110% of whatever that total turns out to be. All of the other so-called promises you cite are only your perceptions, nothing more. There's no way you would have a whole 53' semi to yourself, nor would Sysco do the move themselves. Your move was hauled by the vanline because the mover's agent doesn't normally have the capability to do that...

Consumers should be warned this shipper tried to pull a fast one on the mover (based on the shipper's own story) and the mover didn't go for it. Consumers can count on being served well by movers represented by Allied, Atlas, United, Mayflower, North American, Graebel, and Bekins. All these movers have QA/QC departments to make certain things go well, and more importantly, departments that make certain people are taken care of when things don't go well. No move goes right 100% of the time, but these movers do everything they can to satisfy a customer.